- Registration is now open for Winter Weekend 2015: Faulkner's Absalom, Absalom!
- Presenting the Dorothy Schwartz Forum on Art, Science & The Humanities: Why Darwin Matters. November 15, UNE Portland.
- Click here to read our latest Annual Report
- Just a few slots left: apply now to bring Maine at Work to YOUR community!
- Maine Humanities receives a $150,000 grant from the NEH to develop and offer programming for veterans in Maine and nationwide
- Maine Civil Rights Calendar: Maine organizations celebrate the anniversary of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Let's Talk Local—Join the conversation!
- Echoes of War: A Literature and Medicine Anthology is back in print.
Humanities on Demand [MHC podcasts: talks, interviews, readings]
An assortment of Community Resources, Publications, Maine & National Links we’re always adding to.
The Maine Humanities Council—a statewide nonprofit organization—enriches the lives of people in Maine through literature, history, philosophy, and culture. Our programs, events, grants, and online resources encourage critical thinking and conversation across social, economic, and cultural boundaries.